I’m feeling it tonight – that calm and peace that comes from going through a day, once more unmolested and knowing that I’ve done something positive, proactive and peaceable to solve this issue. After not much sleep last night due to the drunk, inconsiderate neighbors, sparklers being set off in our driveway at 11:30 last night and realizing I felt violated, I decided that retaliation would just lead to escalation.
Having never been in a situation like this before, I had no idea what to do about it. I went down to the police station, filed a harassment complaint, explained the whole situation to the officer and got his opinion. I shared what steps I’d been considering and he offered “that’s one way to go about it,” “not a good idea” and “try it this way.” His suggestions were very helpful and would further my goal of ending this mess now. I left feeling peaceful and calm.
The officer – his name is Jason – happens to be single, 32, kind of cute and with a great sense of humor. It just so happens that I have a friend who’s pretty, sweet, 31 and looking for a couple of dates for this week. Hmmmm…
On this happy ending (hope it’s the end, anyway), I predict my body will demand its spoils in sleep after the troubling weekend we had. It’ll be nice getting some much-needed rest.
- Peace jargon like this tells us nothing (sluggerotoole.com)
- Know yourself to BE Peace (secretdesigncreationsblog.com)
- A desire arises in the mind. It is satisfied immediately another comes. In the interval which separates two desires a perfect calm reigns in the mind. It is at this moment freed from all thought, love or hate. Complete peace equally reigns between two men (quotationsbook.com)
- Sean Carasso: Peace Is the New Frontier (huffingtonpost.com)
- Better Sleep Through Meditation: 4 Techniques To Try Tonight (huffingtonpost.com)